You Live in Hail Country. Learn How to Be Prepared for a Hailstorm.
Hailstorms don’t last long, but they pack a real punch. Every year, hail causes nearly $1 billion in damages, mostly to roofs and cars. You can save hundreds of dollars and hours of cleanup by making sure you understand your coverage and taking time to check your roof before hail season.
Before a Hailstorm
Know What Your Insurance Covers and How Much You Need
- Check your policy to see what’s covered and the deductible you’ve chosen.
- Your insurance policy typically covers the cost to repair roofs and cars, and other common hail damage.
- You may have a higher deductible for wind and hail damage than you do for other types of claims. Talk to your local Safeco agent to find out more.
How to Reduce Hail Damage
If you haven’t taken a look at your roof in a while, now’s the time. Roof repairs today can help you avoid extensive, time-consuming cleanup later.
- Repair or replace worn, curled or missing shingles.
- If your roof is aging, consider replacing it before hail season begins.
During a Hailstorm
Protect Yourself and Your Car
In severe storms, a hail stone can be as big as a softball and fall at 50 to 100 miles per hour.
- Stay indoors.
- Stay away from skylights and glass doors to avoid broken glass.
- If it is safe, close drapes, blinds or shades to prevent debris from blowing inside.
- If you can, park your car in the garage or other covered area.
After a Hailstorm
Hail Damage? Call 800-332-3226
If you have experienced damage from a hailstorm, report it as soon as possible. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Get more information on what else you can do if you experience hail damage.
Prepared for Hail?
Schedule some time with us today to review your coverage.
972 377 8900