When it’s time for your customer to add a youthful driver to a Safeco Insurance® Auto policy, make sure you take advantage of everything we offer youthful drivers.
Teen Safety Rewards, part of the Safeco® Safety Rewards™ Program, consolidates all of our solutions for parents with teens — including insurance benefits, discounts, and tools — to help them manage the cost of insuring their teen driver and improve driver safety.
Place this interactive quiz on your website to help your customers talk about safe driving with their teens.
Here are a few ways that the Teen Safety Rewards Program is a win for your customers – and you!
It encourages better drivers. Parents, agents and Safeco all want teen drivers to be safer on the road. That’s why the Teen Safety Rewards Program includes helpful resources like the Road Ahead Guide and the Parent-Teen Contract to help you prepare your customers and their teen drivers before they get behind the wheel.
It reduces the “sticker shock.” Although teens cost more to insure because they are inexperienced drivers, we offer a range of options to help customers manage the cost of insuring a teen, including:
- Good student discount: Applies if a teen maintains a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better, makes the honor roll, or is in the top 20% of his or her class.
- Driver training discount*: Parents can save if their teen has completed an approved driver education program.
- Distant Student discount: Available if a teen is in school more than 100 miles away from home without a car.
- Tenure reward**: Using the tenure reward, customers who have been with Safeco for two or more years can earn a substantial price break when adding a teen to their policy because we’ll rate their 16- or 17-year-old driver as an 18-year-old. This frequently lowers the impact of adding a teen by 30% or more.
It improves retention. The Teen Safety Rewards discounts – combined with our resources and your expert advice – will help you retain customers when adding a teen driver.
Teen Safety Rewards resources
- The Marketing Solutions Center™ has brochures as well as the Parent Teen Contract and a Reference Guide for you. We also offer information about Teen Safety Rewards for your customers on Safeco.com.
- For more information about all the great discounts included in this program and how they may vary by state, please visit Safeco Now®.
- Read this article for information specific to the Teen Safety Rewards Program in California.