Tips to Help Customers Prevent
WATER DAMAGE FROM FROZEN PIPES
Winter weather and freezing temperatures are forecasted in your area. Here is some information that can help prevent frozen pipes and keep your customers safe.
• Locate and close the main water shutoff valve as soon as possible and before temperatures rise above freezing.
• Inspect pipes for damage, including those in attics and crawl spaces, where it is safe to do so.
• As temperatures increase above freezing, watch and listen for signs of water leaks.
• If a pipe is leaking, do not turn on the water. Open all faucets including those outside to drain remaining water from pipes and call a licensed plumber for repairs.
• If no leaks are detected, turn water back on slowly. Continue to check for leaks before turning water on completely.
• Never use torches or heat guns to facilitate thawing as these can create fire hazards.
GET MORE INFORMATION